Monday, October 6, 2014

Signature Style Week for PRP Fall 2014

workpraysew.com

My style is easy, comfortable, and practical but not boring. I love knits, florals, and color. We love nature, so we love clothes that you can wear out for a hike by the creek while still looking cute and being easy to care for when you get dirty. Because you will get dirty.

workpraysew.com

The tunic is McCall's 6785, View C - a raglan sleeved tunic with a turtleneck. I've used this pattern twice before to make the ruched sided tunic and the hooded circle skirt dress. I used a ponte knit still available at Girl Charlee and I love how it turned out. I modified the bottom to a slight hi/low hem using the back piece of CINO's Nessie Top to get the curve.


The leggings are self-drafted and also use fabric from Girl Charlee but it doesn't seem to be in stock right now. It;s a cotton lycra and super soft and comfy.

There isn't much more I can say. A simple tunic and leggings isn't fancy. It's not complicated sewing, but it's cute as heck and it's what we wear around here on a daily basis. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

workpraysew.com


workpraysew.com

workpraysew.com

workpraysew.com


workpraysew.com

workpraysew.com


12 comments:

  1. The great mark of a signature style--something that will get worn all the time! I love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know Elena likes it too because my little nudist kept it on all day!

      Delete
  2. This outfit is adorable! I love the photos against the blue background- gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Ah the magic of cropping. If you could only see that that blue wall is actually a completely ramshackle concession stand at my son's high school soccer game!

      Delete
  3. Looks so comfortable! I love the polka dot and floral combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This print mixing trend is so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Angela, fun & cute! http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! Your fabric choice is just perfect, I love the large flowers and dot together. She looks so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the others, I also love the pattern combo, and the simple style! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. leggings and a tunic!! that's what I want to wear everyday!! I need to make this tunic for myslef ;o) I just linked up my all boy style and I'm loving all the other links! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's not to love about this outfit? Great floral and spot combo - stylish and pratical. A dream! Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabric combo! So cute and pratical!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'll respond via e-mail if I can or here if that's not possible.