Thursday, April 7, 2016

Capsule Wardrobe: Gray Granville Buttowndown

Doesn't every capsule wardrobe have to contain at least one neutral buttondown shirt? I didn't want blue chambray, but I went with a light gray cotton/tencel blend from CaliFabrics. 


The pattern is the Sewaholic Granville. I did one pocket with some decorative stitching on it and long sleeves. The other time I made this pattern I made it sleeveless, but I'm planning on using this one as more of a lightweight layering piece for the spring and summer so I wanted sleeves. They are long, too long really, but I think they'll mostly be rolled up anyway but something to be aware of with this pattern. It turns out a lot of people have this issue. I find it strange because I have pretty long arms and often add length.


The back has nice shaping and gave me a place to do more of the decorative stitching. It is unbuttoned in this picture if you think it's hanging funny. Sewaholic designs for pear shapes so I had to remove some width at the hip, but that is the only change I made. I could still take out a bit more I think.






I'm having a hard time keeping up with blogging lately. I just don't have the time to take the pictures, edit them, write posts, etc. You will probably see less and less of me here, although I hope to keep sewing most of my wardrobe. I have made a lot of pieces for myself lately and may just photograph them hanging up or something less time consuming. I'm getting so far behind that it seems impossible to catch up. And if I'm not going to take the extra time to link up and promote on social media, then it really is just not a good use of my time right now. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'll respond via e-mail if I can or here if that's not possible.