Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Ready for Anything Outfit

I was super productive this past Kids Clothes Week and have more to brag blog about. Actually, these aren't anything very special, but good grief, they are comfy and I want some.




The top is my go-to CINO Nessie Top made from a scrap of floral interlock Doodles from Joann's a couple years ago and a white box tee cleaned out of my oldest daughter's room recently. That is the quickest way to make a tee. I cut the neckband off and reused it and reused the sleeve hems too. So fast.


The pants are shortened Ananda Pants, a pattern from Chopstix that was part of the SewFab Bundle in Fall 2013. I made a 2T and shortened them a lot, partly because that's all the fabric I had. Last year I had cut a maxi skirt down to knee length for Olivia and had this piece left. It's super soft and drapey rayon spandex. I didn't hem them because they are just for play and it's so thin I didn't think it would be any fun to do.

And now Elena is ready for anything a beautiful spring day can throw at her.

Long walks on the fishing pier.


Sliding.


Swinging.


Jumping, running and rolling down hills.


Ignoring her photo-bombing cousin.


Keeping half an eye on that cutie cousin creeeeping up on you again, trying to steel your spotlight.


Bring it on spring. We're ready for anything.
(And it cost us NOTHING but an hour of my time and some thread.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'll respond via e-mail if I can or here if that's not possible.