Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Nessie Rides Again!



Another Nessie top? You bet. It's my go-to t-shirt pattern for Elena. Why not when it's so perfect.


This one is made with some mystery knit from the thrift store. I bought a large zippered comforter bag full of random cuts. I kid you not when I say that I got 4 yards of this, 3 yards of black velvet, probably 8 yards of some purple toned camouflage stuff, and some vintage green polyester double knit for $5! $5 folks! That's crazy. The velvet was what I was really after, but the rest (except for the green) is cool stuff too. This is probably a poly-cotton blend jersey. It doesn't have much stretch to it, maybe 25%. Like I'm some kind of knit expert now. :-P


This time I added 3 inches of length to the bodice below the armpit to make a tunic to wearing with leggings. The leggings are homemade from last summer and are bordering on too short now. They are out of a cotton lycra purchased at Joann's. I have more so I'm thinking a new longer pair is in order soon.


I added flat piping instead of color-blocking this time. And I did the neckband in white for contrast too.


Another pop of white at the wrists to add some girlishness and sweetness. 


Ready for action.





The white background is just boring to me. But I do love the blue we found on a warehouse. When we pulled up, it was break time and all the workers were outside for a smoke, so we sat in the car waiting for them to go back in before we crept up to the building for some pictures. It was so windy that this last one is the only usable one, but I really like the color combination.


I discovered some other interesting colored buildings to use as backgrounds in the future. I'm feeling really inspired by a black tiled building so now I have to figure out what to make to go with it. Hmmm. Something to think about while doing the dishes, washing the floor.... get back to work, lady.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I'll respond via e-mail if I can or here if that's not possible.