Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Preschool Sewing Again

workpraysew.com

What are the best characteristics of preschool clothes?

  • cute and fun to wear
  • comfortable for any activity that may come up
  • functional -for play, for learning, for going potty without needing help
  • modest - when sitting on the floor, or climbing on big toys, or whatever
  • little concern for ruining them with paints and other crafts


workpraysew.com

Most of these fabrics are knits from Girl Charlee. The stretch lace is from a thrift store top, and so is the FOE elastic on the neckline. Knit is just the most comfortable and practical material. Ever. There may be $5 worth of materials in this outfit, so that covers not caring if they get messy. There are no buttons, snaps, or zippers to make it hard to dress/undress herself. She looks cute, will stay covered and can do anything in this.

workpraysew.com

The leggings are a copy of Carter's 3T leggings that fit her well, with added length. You can see that I didn't bother hemming anything. I never used to do that, but I must be getting even lazier, because I find myself doing it more often. And I can honestly say that sometimes I really like the rolled up edges better than a hem.

workpraysew.com

The bodice began as a dolman sleeved top, but I didn't like it and decided it would be easier to layer if I just cut those puppies off and hemmed them. So much cuter this way.

workpraysew.com

These are basic pieces to mix and match and add or remove layers. We like options around here. 

workpraysew.com

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'll respond via e-mail if I can or here if that's not possible.