Saturday, March 8, 2014

The "V" Dress

workpraysew.com: The V Dress

I am continuing to sew my way through the alphabet with Katy of No Big Dill. She sews amaaaaaazing clothes and is a true artist. I don't know what I'll do once we reach the end of the alphabet. Plus the link ups are a lot of fun. That is why I started a blog afterall - to share and join the party.

workpraysew.com: The V Dress

I used the same book as for letter U last week. This one has a V-neck and an upside down V at the bodice/skirt seam. I changed it a little to line the bodice and I added side-seam pockets. I used the lining fabric,which is white with orange polka dots, for the pockets to make them easier to find. She's getting better at it and should be a pro by summer.


Found them!

It is actually snowing here today - such a bummer:( I just keep popping vitamin D pills and thinking of summer. If I'm ready for it, maybe it will come. Maybe it's like a rain dance. I hope so. Elena too.


We'll be able to wear this with layers before summer!

The fabrics for the bodice and skirt were purchased at Joann's. Yep, that's right, I actually purchased fabric for this. It is hard to believe. I wanted a vertical stripe to get another V in there. It's a seersucker and I love it. I also love that the gathers are limited to a small area on both sides on the front, but they do go all the way across on the back. 


Just a few more pictures since she was so cooperative - again thanks to the strawberry marshmallows. 




My W project is almost ready since it's a failed U project that just needs some tweaks to become a W. Aren't you curious now? See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your dress!
    I've got the same book and now I feel like trying to make a dress like this for my kids too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'll respond via e-mail if I can or here if that's not possible.